Prenatal Pilates Reformer Workout at 9 Weeks
This prenatal pilates reformer workout is meant for mommas in almost any trimester. Our focus will be: 1. Gentle movement and mobilization; 2. Breath work; 3. Light strengthening and lengthening overall full body. Although our mom in this workout is at 9 weeks, you’ll be able to do most of these exercises all the way through. (Make sure to prop yourself up IF in your 3rd trimester during footwork and avoid the bridge, as well as make any other adjustments and modifications as needed).
- ❇️ Always check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
- ➡️ IF you have any particular restrictions or concerns in regards to certain movements please reach out to us directly via [email protected] or drop a comment below and we will do our best to help you in your journey also!
- ✳️ Before beginning this or any exercise program, remember these things:
- Start small and slow. Breath deeply and intentionally through each movement.
- Be aware of unstable joints as the prenatal hormone Relaxin is in your system.
- Drink a lot of water!
- Make sure to be getting good rest.
- STOP if you feel ANY pain and, when in doubt, call your OB/GYN.
Equipment Needed :
The Course of this Class :
As I will be accompanying our mom Hallie through her 2nd pregnancy in this prenatal pilates reformer workout, although we will follow most all general guidelines so these workouts may be followed by anyone, each workout will be tailored to her needs. She suffers from sciatica and is a beginner in Pilates. If you are coming into your pregnancy having been very active and fit, you may prefer some more challenging workouts. For this, please write me directly, address to Kristi at [email protected] and I will be sure to hand select existing workouts that will respond to your current needs.
However, if you are intermediate or advanced but are suffering from morning sickness, you may find these workouts exactly what you need right now as they are super gentle and may (or not, everyone is unique) help bring your body back into a homeostasis and reduce the nausea. Remember, each individual is going to be different.
If you are newer to Pilates and/or movement, these workouts will be great!
In any case, my hope is that you can accompany us in movement through your own pregnancy and movement will be a great support to you and your body through all the changes that come with a growing baby inside.
Please repeat this workout as many times as you like. Make it your own meaning, if you want to take the pace quicker BE FREE TO DO SO!
Let us know below in comments how you liked class and if it has helped you as well as any questions you may have. 👇🏼
Class Level :
1st – 2nd trimester Prenatal. Beginner.
Mobilize the body. Increase oxygen flow via intentional breath work coordinated with gentle movements. Center and calm the body. Bring length and gentle strength. Restorative movement. Support mom during pregnancy to feel strong and get ready for birth and baby.
Check out our other Prenatal and Postpartum classes :
Keep active daily with us here