Prenatal Pilates Workout, Full Body Flow at 12 Weeks
This prenatal pilates workout is a full body flow and great for mommas in their 1st – 5th month (our mom is at 12 weeks in this session). You’ll get a little bit of gentle core, plenty of glutes, hips, legs, arms and standing balance. We’ll focus on breath and flow in our movement as well.
- ❇️ Always check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
- ➡️ IF you have any particular restrictions or concerns in regards to certain movements please reach out to us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a comment below and we will do our best to help you in your journey also!
- ✳️ Before beginning, remember these things:
- Start small and slow. Breath deeply and intentionally through each movement.
- Be aware of unstable joints as the prenatal hormone Relaxin is in your system.
- Drink a lot of water!
- Make sure to be getting good rest.
- STOP if you feel ANY pain and, when in doubt, call your OB/GYN.
Equipment Needed :
The Course of this Class :
We start on the mat with gentle core work while incorporating the arms using the bungee band. Lie it on down for some glute bridges. If you do not feel comfortable lifting your hips we suggest propping your upper back and head onto the seat of a couch at home for example and with your feet on the floor you can follow all our work keeping your head at a higher level, otherwise feel free to skip this exercise and join us for the next. Then, we have side lying leg and hip work; kneeling hip thrusts with arm work, and finally standing balance, glute and leg work. We will finish with hip stretches and openers.
I will be accompanying our mom Hallie through her 2nd pregnancy in this prenatal pilates workout, although we will follow most all general guidelines so these workouts may be followed by anyone, each workout will be tailored to her needs. She suffers from sciatica and is a beginner in Pilates. If you are coming into your pregnancy having been very active and fit, you may prefer some more challenging workouts. For this, please write me directly, address to Kristi at email@example.com and I will be sure to hand select existing workouts that will respond to your current needs. Remember, each individual is going to be different.
In any case, my hope is that you can accompany us in movement through your own pregnancy and movement will be a great support to you and your body through all the changes that come with a growing baby inside.
Please repeat this workout as many times as you like.
Let us know below in comments how you liked class and if it has helped you as well as any questions you may have. 👇🏼
Class Level :
1st – 2nd trimester Prenatal. Beginner.
Full body flow to mobilize, support the body in pregnancy by maintaining strength and relieving any stresses on the body. Encourage oxygen flow, work deep breathing coordinated with movement. Strengthen arms, upper back, glutes, legs and balance.
Check out our other Prenatal and Postpartum classes :
Keep active daily with us here